An Open Letter to Prime Minister Trudeau regarding the CCP
Petition to the Government of Canada
Please help us to grow Petition e-2559:
Canadian citizens are deeply concerned about how our government deals with the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) of the People’s Republic of China (PRC) and lacks of concrete actions to safeguard Canada’s sovereignty, national interests, and core values from infiltration and interference of the totalitarian CCP.
We, the undersigned, Citizens of Canada, call upon the Government of Canada to:
1. Apply our Justice for Victims of Corrupt Foreign Officials Act (Sergei Magnitsky Law) to sanction Chinese and Hong Kong officials who are responsible for or complicit in gross human rights violations against Chinese civilians and Canadians, especially the atrocities in Xinjiang, Tibet, Hong Kong, Taiwan and the unimaginable horror of organ harvesting;
2. Ban Huawei from our 5G networks;
3. Close down all Confucius Institutes; and
4. Bring in an Australian style Foreign Influence Transparency Scheme Act.
Please help us to grow Petition e-2835 (Foreign affairs):
We, the undersigned, citizens and residents of Canada, call upon the House of Commons to:
1. Reaffirm its commitment to openness, transparency, and accountability to Canadian citizens, especially as it relates to the recent uptick in potential foreign influence from the People’s Republic of China; and
2. Review and implement legislation to counter foreign interference and influence, looking in particular to experiences of other democratic countries, like Australia, which have effectively addressed these problems.
The Hong Kong Humanitarian Fund - Vancouver
A fund to help Hong Kong Pro-Democracy protesters in Canada to obtain refugee status.
Let's support Hong Kong's fight!
VSSDM collaborate with Vancouver Parent Groups provide financial support and settlement supports to help Hong Kong Pro-Democracy protesters who arrive in Canada to obtain refugee status.
Financial support and settlement supports include:
» legal fees for refugee claim if applicable
» referral to legal aid if possible
» temporary housing and help with finding permanent housing
» help with registering for mandatory federal and provincial programs and medical insurance
» support with job seeking
» providing living expenses for those who are actively seeking but not yet able to obtain a job
» orientation to the community
» referrals to other refugee programs